Volvo Auto Warranty
The Volvo 5 year Safe + Secure plan comes with FREE road side service for 5 years.
- This plan covers anyone driving the vehicle with your permission.
- When you are in need of assistance, please call 1.800.638.6586 and Volvo will dispatch the closest tow truck service to your location.
- The network of tow truck service will tow your Volvo to the closest Volvo dealership within a 25 mile radius when traveling out of town. However, if you are stranded closer to home you can request towing to your local dealer.
- When calling for roadside service, please make sure to request a flat bed tow truck. And if the car is in a garage with limited accessibility (low clearance), you can ask for a tow truck equipped with a dolly.
- Certified Pre-Owned Volvo’s come with roadside assistance, covered under CPO Warranty for 6 -years/100,000 miles. Benefits include: free emergency roadside and towing service 24/7/365, trip routing map services, $5,000 car theft protection award, discounted car rental rates, and trip interruption coverage for a breakdown or traffic accident related to the CPO warranty that occurs more than 150 miles from home.
Volvo Free Road Side Assistance includes:
- 24-hour toll-free emergency dispatch.
- Towing to nearest Volvo dealership, even if required for something other than a covered failure.
- Trip Interruption Expense Reimbursement Benefits – up to $500 for food, lodging, and car rental.
- Battery Jump Start.
- Flat Tire Service.
- Fuel Delivery.
- Lock-Out service if your ignition key is lost, broken or accidentally locked inside your Volvo and you are unable to locate a spare.
- Computerized Trip Routing/Map Services for professional trip planning that includes detailed maps, clearly marked to indicate the most direct or scenic route to your destination.
- Winching Service to remove your Volvo from mud, sand, snow or ditch.
- Car rental discounts.
- Car theft protection reward.
What the Coverage Does Not Include
An emergency situation does not include:
- • Repeated service calls for a car in need of routine maintenance.
• Shoveling snow from around a vehicle.
• Installation or removal of chains or snow tires.
.• Vehicle storage charges, costs of parts and installation, products, materials, impounding and additional labor related to towing.
- All trip interruption claims do not cover:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Pre-arranged hotel stays.
- Car rental insurance.
- Toiletries, entertainment (movies), or clothing.
AAA Road Side Service
When your Volvo roadside service coverage runs out, get (AAA) and call 1.800.222.4357 if you need help.
Triple A Roadside Assistance with a Basic Membership will tow your car free for 3 miles. With AAA Plus Membership, your car will be towed free for 100 miles.
When you own a Volvo, Safety is the first priority and with that comes a peace of mind that you can safely drive your car without worring about repair bills. Naturally, it goes without question that when you run out of standard warranty you should invest in an extended warranty.
Buying extended warranty should be handled very carefully, with plenty of research, just like when you are shopping for a used car. However, if you are short of time, then your best option is to purchase a Volvo Warranty like CPO(Certified Pre-owned). And if you want more peace of mind, purchase VIP (Volvo Increased protection Plan).
When shopping for extended warranty, you should first look for what’s excluded — what is NOT COVERED under the plan. Then look for an extended warranty plan that best fits your budget and deductible options. VIP Plans offer a range of deductible options, from $0 to $500.
VIP Comprehensive Plan Exceptions (Not Covered)
- Mechanical.Adjustments and cleaning, Battery and Cables, Belts and Hoses, Brakes, Exhaust Systems (including catalytic converter), Filters, Fluids, Lights, Lubricants, Manual Clutch Assembly, Shock Absorbers, Spark Plugs and Wires, Squeaks and Rattles, Tires, Tune-up, Wheel Balance and Alignment, Wiper Blades, Coolant and Wheel Studs.
- Exterior. Adjustments (glass and body parts), Bright Metal, Bumpers, Glass, Moldings, Paint, Rust, Sheet Metal, Side View Mirrors (glass and housing), Water Leaks, Wheel Covers and Ornaments, Wind Noise, Weatherstrips, Door Handles, Wheels and outside ornamentation.
- Interior. Carpet, Rear View Mirror, Trim, Upholstery, Door and Window Handles, Dash Pad, Knobs, Clock, Buttons, and Safety Restraint Systems.
Extended Warranty Buying Tips
- Save money by purchasing an extended warranty plan while the vehicle is still covered by the manufacturer’s bumper to bumper warranty. Don’t wait until the bumper-to-bumper warranty is set to expire before looking into an extended plan, or you will end up paying more money.
- Look for excellent customer service. Customer care should pick up the phone and authorize the claim within two hours or less.
- National coverage. You don’t want a plan with limits as to where you can take your car.
- Corporate credit card to pay for services — pays out directly to the repair facility.
- Warranty is transferable to a private buyer.
- Trip-interruption coverage.
- Highly rated by The Better Business Bureau (BBB) — certified.
- If you can comfortably afford to pay for car repairs, then you don’t need extended warranty.
The Volvo Warranties we use on a regular basis are:
- CPO (certified pre-owned)
1. 6-year/100,000-mile exclusionary CPO warranty. Zero ($0) deductible. They are great, in that we don’t have to call them to authorize repairs.covering replacement or repair of defective components within the following systems:
— Drive axle
— Air conditioning
- Volvo Increased Protection (VIP) — boosts your CPO
Extended protection of your Volvo Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Coverage out to 7 years or 8 years and up to 100,000.
* Zero Deductible
- A nationwide non-Volvo company we use is JM&A Group.
TIP – Watch out for RED Warning lights while you are operating your vehicle. If the red oil warning lightis illuminated, safely pull over to the side of the road and come to a complete dead stop. Driving your car with the oil lamp illuminated on the dash will cause further damage, leading to engine failure, and failure to protect your car shall not be covered under the CPO limited warranty.
How To Void Factory Warranty
Tip – Factory or manufacturer warranties are valid only if you maintain your vehicle regularly. So, if your transmission goes out on you and you cannot prove — through receipts or service history — that you maintain your car according to Volvo standards, your warranty claim may be denied.
For example, a customer leases a brand new Volvo XC70. He drives it for 26,000 miles without a single drop of oil change for two years. When he starts to hear some strange thumping noises coming from the engine, he brings in his new Volvo to the dealership to have it checked out. The technician inspects the engine and discover lumps of oil sludge the size of golf balls but no flowing oil.
The service advisor calls his Volvo represestative asking if Volvo can replace the engine under warranty for this relatively new car. Volvo says, hell no! The customer did not follow Volvo scheduled maintenance services, which are FREE for five years under the 5 year safe and secure program. The customer who leased this Volvo, has to come out of pocket for $11,000 to replace the new engine that he blew up. He simply voided his factory warranty by ignoring free oil changes.
Other reasons that can lead to voided claims include:
- Salvaged Title – As a result of your car being totaled, and the car rendered a total loss by the insurer.
- Misuse of your car – Anything outside of normal operation of the vehicle can be considered misuse, such as street racing.
- Natural Disasters – Floods, earthquakes etc.
- Tampered odometers - When the dealer cannot determine the exact mileage of the vehicle due to odometer replacement, tampering, or it may be broken and you never had it repaired.
- Use of improper fluids- For example, adding diesel fuel in your gasoline powered car or other types of fuel not authorized for your vehicle.
- Installation of aftermarket products and/or services on a vehicle that is still under a new car warranty. If you wish to modify the performance of your Volvo use polestar fine tuning software.
Tip – After market parts are not covered by warranty. For example, if you are looking to replace your factory exhaust with an aftermarket cat-back exhaust, we will install it for you. But we will not be responsible if there are any dire effects as a consequence of installing the aftermarket part, such as a check engine light.
Five years or 50,000 miles on model year 2013, 2012 or 2011 vehicles – which calls for a 7,500 mile service or one year whichever comes first, for a total of 50,000 miles or 5 years.
The Volvo Service Schedule for 2011 and 2012 models is 7,500, 15,000, 22,500, 30,000, 37,500 and 45,000 miles.
The 2013 models Volvo scheduled service is 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, 40,000, and 50,000 miles.
According to Volvocars.com, “It’s “Safe” because it’s from Volvo, and it’s ”Secure” because you’ll be driving your Volvo virtually worry-free for five years. The Safe + Secure Coverage Plan from Volvo. Because you should feel as secure purchasing a new Volvo, as you do driving one. The Volvo Safe and Secure Coverage Plan is a U.S. specific program and is valid only when repairs are performed at an authorized U.S. Volvo Retailer.”
- 5 Year New Car Warranty
- 5 Year complimentary Factory Scheduled maintenance
- 5 Year Wear Tear Coverage
- 5 Years/Unlimited Miles Roadside Service . Call (1.800.638.6586) for road side service.